Passionate and dedicated are the words I would use to
describe Deborah and that passion has been instilled
in me as a person as well as a singer. Deborah's
enthusiasm and instruction is inspiring and it is reflected in her
teaching and in her students' voices. I can definitely
testify to that.
Olivia Barrett, Actress,mezzo-soprano
Master Singing Teacher and Vocal Coach, Deborah Staiman, returned to Toronto in March of 2002, after an absence of 27 years and an international career. She caught the singing bug at the age of 12 when she started to take singing lessons with Helen Simmie at the Royal Conservatory of Music and was in the Children's Opera Chorus of the Canadian Opera Company. Since then singing has been an integral part of Staiman's life.
- Bachelor of Music, University of Toronto
- Diploma, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, England
- Participant, Tito Gobbi Opera Workshop, Villa Schifanoia, Florence
- Study of 'bel canto' singing in Rome, Italy 1979-1981.
- Master of Sacred Music, Hebrew Union College, New York City,1991
- Performance Instructor and Vocal Coach since 1982
- Private Singing Studio in Manhattan from 1982 to 1995
- Vocal Faculty, AMDA (American Musical and Dramatic Academy)in New York City
- Performer for over 40 years of Opera and Musical Theatre
- Expertise in musical theatre style and repertoire
- Singing Studio in Toronto from 2002 to the present
- Nine Annual Student Showcases to date in Toronto: